News

[News][bleft]

Songs

[songs][threecolumns]

Live

[Live][threecolumns]

Albums

[Albums][twocolumns]

The Beatles

[The Beatles][twocolumns]

Quiz

[Quiz][threecolumns]

Columns

[Columns][grids]

Producer Greg Kurstin: “He’s topping himself”

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly producer Greg Kurstin briefly talked about Paul McCartney’s upcoming album. Although he isn’t allowed to reveal anything, he did say the album was promising: 
All I can say is that when he brings songs to the studio, it blows my mind that he’s still coming up with the most amazing songs. I feel like he’s topping himself.”
The new album was expected this fall, but sources close to McCartney’s company MPL claim that the release is postponed to 2018. This rumor is affirmed by a tweet from a fan, who attended a concert earlier this week: “I was interviewed by one of Paul’s people about his concert legacy. When the interview was over I asked about the new album. The guy told me he (Paul) is finishing the album now and it would be released sometime in 2018.”





Hardly anything is known about the new release, except that it is produced by Greg Kurstin, former producer of Adèle and Beck. Kurstin also produced the last album by the Foo Fighters on which McCartney is playing drums on one of the songs. Kurstin about his sessions with the rock legend:  “I never know how much I can share, but I know it’s out there that I worked with him, and I’m happy it’s out there because it’s a hard secret to keep!”

Meanwhile it seems that some work is going on for promotional purposes. According to another tweet there was a film shoot for a new music video by Paul:






Also there are two new songs, Let My Self Down and Special Day, which got copyrighted recently by MPL. But it’s unclear if these songs will appear on the upcoming album.

More News:
Behind The Scenes: Caribbean Pirate McCartney
Scouse House McCartney - The Making Of Rabbit Hole
Bruce Springsteen Joins McCartney At MSG
André Homan

André Homan is a Dutch writer and journalist.

Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

Geen opmerkingen :